Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Harper is 5 months old
1. She is now eating rice cereal every night right around dinner time and she actually understands and knows what to do…..she opens her mouth when she sees the spoon – it’s adorable!! I posted a video on facebook for all of you to enjoy!
2. She eats 6 oz about every 3-4 hours ……and she recognizes her bottle and looks like a little birdie as we bring the bottle to her mouth (she held her bottle for the first time a few weeks ago, but always prefers to hold her ears with both hands as she eats)
3. She smiles at every chance she gets – but gets a little shy when she sees herself in the mirror
4. She loves it when Daddy talks to her about stinky poopies and boogers – she has the BEST smile that goes from ear to ear (it absolutely brightens my day)
5. Can finally put her feet in her mouth – Daddy has been working on that for awhile now
6. She rolled over at the end of March (both directions) and she refuses to stay on her back now, but is not quite content laying on her stomach…..it’s been interesting to say the least
7. She slept 10 hours last night, and she only woke up once for a few minutes and soothed herself back to sleep!!! It took her about five days to understand that Mommy and Daddy were not going to feed her in the middle of the night if she woke up, so I think we may be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel – thank you Jesus for a full nights sleep again!!!
8. We have a pretty good nighttime schedule: we feed her a bottle, burp her and then I read her a book before she goes to bed…..she LOVES books right now and is very aware when I read to her….she tries to grab the pages if they have furry objects on them!
9. Our little girl is no longer being swaddled during the night, she prefers to sleep with her legs apart, but her feet touching and her hands above her head, touching her ears of course!
10. Harper LOVES being outside and we found out this weekend she prefers to take naps in her swing from Uncle Andy while Danny and I do work outside!! It’s a great concept…..fresh air = great nap
11. Harper refuses to lie on her back when Danny and I around and would much rather stand with the help of us of course – see second picture above!
12. She sucks on her index finger and middle finger (no preference to a specific hand) ALL DAY long (no paci for her)!
13. She has really started to notice the dogs – Katy and Derby…..and is constantly staring at them when they are around – we talk to them ALOT
14. She has the CUTEST belly laugh in the world – she loves being bounced on yoga balls or our knees – while humming the giddy up song (you know what I’m talking about….and I’m sure you all are humming the tune in your head right now) – HA HA J
15. Harper met her first boyfriend Ryan this past Saturday (see our Picasa website for a cute hand holding picture – April 2010 album)! http://picasaweb.google.com/dannykunath
16. I think Harper is getting ready to cut some teeth…we can’t see them yet, but she is a SLOBBERY mess all day long – oh the joys of teething
17. OH and I semi-weighed her last night….that was me getting on the scale without her; weighing myself and then weighing her and I together…..the difference was 13.5 lbs
18. We have purchased size 2 diapers….haven’t put them on her yet, but as soon as we run out of the size 1 she will officially be in size 2 (BIG GIRL)
Harper is absolutely the best gift Danny and I could have ever asked for – she is truly a blessing to our family!! We couldn’t ask for anything more!!